Thursday, March 8, 2018

Complete Rest

I ran through January and February 2018 (check out my Garmin Connect data) with a little bit of plantar fasciitis pain. Finally towards the end of February I decided that I must give adequate rest to the foot and completely recover from the pain and then run. Because every time I run the pain gets aggravated a bit. Of course the severity goes away the next morning but it is a never ending cycle. I want to break the cycle. 

Right now I am strength training and stretching. I think I am soon going to come back as a better runner. Recently in Manas National Park, Partha showed me a few exercises for the deltoids. I am doing them with 3 kg weights. Ten reps into 3 sets. I am also doing bicep curls with 5 kg+ weights. 
I am doing some Swiss ball core strengthening and push ups also. Four into 3 sets. This new strength is really reassuring. Even a few days ago I could push up only from the elbows with knees bent on the ground. That's like a child with no strength. From there four reps into three is not bad. Target is to take it to 10x3. 

I guess I am gaining some muscle mass. I eat several meals a day. That should help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment